In order to conduct BVLOS operations, a BVLOS pilot endorsement is required. This course aims to take an experienced RPAS Pilot through advanced training that allows them to acquire the skills to operate in this high- risk environment
BVLOS RATING REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for a BVLOS Rating need to meet the following requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold a valid Class 3 medical certificate.
- Hold a valid Remote pilot licence.
- Have successfully completed the theoretical and practical training.
- Pass BVLOS Skills Test
Prior Learning Accreditation
- No prior accreditation is given by the SACAA for BVLOS. The full course must be attended to gain the rating.
The training allows the student to gain the skill to adequately plan and execute BVLOS operations.
An exam will be written at the end of the theory classes
The course will run over 10
All classes are held at RPAS Training Academy facilities. The subjects meet the approved SACAA syllabus.
- Air law
- CRM & Human Factors
- Advanced Meteorology
- Safety Management Flight Planning & Performance
- Navigation & Software
- Airspace, Radio-telephony &
- Normal & Non-Normal Operations
- Instrument flying SOP’s
The pass mark for the examination is 75%. Rewrite after 3 days, remedial training will be required
Practical training sessions include actual flying and simulator exercises.
BVLOS SKILLS TEST
Once all training is completed a final skills test will be carried out.
We are leaders in professional Drone Pilot Training
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?